Friday, November 20, 2009

Nostalgia

Who is tired of looking at that stinkin' cockroach? I find myself perusing some of my friends' blogs, wondering when in the world they are going to add a new post, when all the while I am a glaring offender. For shame!! In my defense, we did enjoy a good 6 weeks being everywhere but the computer--my mom's kitchen, around the fire pit, at the park, in the leaves, on trails, at Disney World, trick-or-treating with cousins, catching up on a few movies. Yes, our annual mecca to the states was wonderful. I came back to Taiwan fully satiated and a good 5 pounds heavier. At least I am proud to say I steered clear of those fried bologna biscuits advertised at Hardee's (what is the U.S. coming to??) Everything else was fair game. After missing so many fall seasons living in Asia, it was wonderful to savor every moment of it with my family! Some of my favorite memories: (click on the pictures to view full-size)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori,

Your family is so beautiful! How fun that you were able to be with family for so long, I bet you enjoyed every (well, nearly) every moment of it. This summer I saw a sign at the fair that read-Chocolate covered bacon....did you try that? Two of my favorite things, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it! Love the picture!
-Loretta (in my best Loretta accent)

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you guys had a great pilgrimmage. Miss you!

the andersons said...

It's fun to see some new pictures of you guys and catch up a bit. You look so cute as always, Lori, and I especially love the last picture of Sophie and Lucas on the fence--it's gorgeous!

The Johnsons said...

Yes, I am glad to see something besides the cockroach there. :) I know how those trips home are...who wants to spend any time on the computer? It looks like you had a great time and you look so young and full of energy...I hope that means Sadie is sleeping really great.

Southwick Family said...

Oh I'm so jealous... it has been about five years since we've had an American fall. You children are absolutely beautiful!