Thursday, May 21, 2009

Summer "Break?" Ha!

Last night I was so tired I took Gas-X instead of my b.c. pill. Probably worked out for the best anyways since I had tofu and sprouts in my dinner. I went to sink down into bed and found Boo Goo on my pillow. That's the nice term I use for Sadie's runny yellow poop that slides over every surface like an alien with tentacles. Don't ask me how it got on my pillow--all I know is that her sweet outfit went immediately into the wash with a prayer and half a bottle of shout. It has officially been one week of summer break for us, although for the life of me I don't understand why it's called a break or a vacation. It's more like a Summer Labor camp run by Mao's little red guards (my children.) It's hot and steamy in Taiwan--the kind of hot that makes you want to strip off all your wet clothes after being outside for more than 20 minutes. It's going to be a L-O-N-G summer trying to keep the kids entertained! I just got out of bed and they're already asking what we're going to do today. I don't think they appreciated my suggestion of quiet time for the entire day.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hahaha! Lori, I love your writing style and witty sense of humor. And, wow, totally know what you mean by the hot and "steamy" weather. Whooo, we are in for a summer. Just let me know when you need a playdate!