What to do when your home is empty, according to the Hedquists:
1. Get out and explore!
The Chengdu Panda Base--we've already been twice and love love love it. More on this later!
A quaint "old" Chengdu street
The Peep's Park
2. Get crafty with the only things you've got: white paper and scissors
3. Play outside on the compound playground! And Hallelujah for that.
Boo and her BFF Julia, along with their shared ayi (auntie) Huang Yin
4. Play dress-up: Queen Boo and her minions
5. Read! Read! Read! (Like Mother, Like Daughter)
6. My personal favorite, take a snuggly nap
7. And last, but certainly not least, sing at the top of your lungs to take advantage of that echo!
We may need Grandma Hedquist to give us a few singing pointers this summer :)
*Not working? Unlike Kip, I DON'T love technology, and I may or may not know how to embed a video. That plus the internet keeps disconnecting along with my VPN right in the middle of the dang download. This is a labor of love for sure. I hope you appreciate it.
And now, if you're still interested after all that, click on this link to view video.